overthrowing a powerfully united, cohesive nation of people - US Senator Richard Black on Syria

Zenaan Harkness zen@freedbms.net
Thu Jul 14 04:54:17 PDT 2016

US Senator Richard Black: "We Have Never Done Anything More Loathsome or
Despicable Than What We're Doing in Syria."
http://www.fort-russ.com/2016/07/us-senator-we-have-never-done-anything.html

(Slightly slow to start, but some amazing quotes and some (new for me)
historical facts from this one. A very small sampling:

"
the CIA could not go before Congress and say, “Look, we intend to attack
a neutral, non-belligerent country, where the people are happy,
prosperous, and enjoy greater women’s rights and religious freedom than
any other Arab nation; we’re going to rip it to shreds, we’re going to
open up a torrent of bloodshed: Please give us an appropriation so we
can purchase weapons to do it.”
"

"
Within three days from the city of Hama, 70,000 Christians streamed into
Damascus; why Damascus? Because they knew that President Assad would
protect the Christians. He would protect anyone who was under attack by
the Muslim Brotherhood.
"

"
if you want to consider whether the people of Syria are for or against
their government and their President, just consider this: Syria has a
population of 23 million people. It is in the sixth year of a war in
which it has been opposed by the United States, Great Britain, France,
NATO, the European Union,...
"

"
Where have we [USA] come?! What has come of this country?!
"

"
Extremely reckless, nearly an insane American policy, driven by Saudi
wealth that lines the pockets of top people in this country. It’s sad.
"
)