Tor project changes directorship

Zenaan Harkness zen@freedbms.net
Wed Jul 13 23:06:51 PDT 2016

Trying to contain fallout, or transferring of the guard given problems
with current directorship/ attempt to maintain illusion of transparency,
when in fact now may be a full CIA/NSA takeover of Tor project?

----- Forwarded message from "LWN.net Daily Summary" <lwn@lwn.net> -----
https://lwn.net/Articles/694406/
Tor Project Elects All-New Board of Directors
[Announcements] Posted Jul 13, 2016 19:39 UTC (Wed) by ris

The Tor Project has announced a new board of directors. "As Tor's board
of directors, we consider it our duty to ensure that the Tor Project has
the best possible leadership. The importance of Tor's mission requires
it; the public standing of the organization makes it possible; and we
are committed to achieve it. We had that duty in mind when we conducted
an Executive Director search last year, and appreciate the leadership
Shari Steele has brought. To support her, we further believe that it is
time that we pass the baton of board oversight as the Tor Project moves
into its second decade of operations."