request for comment re "contributor-covenant.org"

Peter Tonoli anarchie+cpunks at metaverse.org
Wed Jan 27 03:17:09 PST 2016

Hello,

Quoting Zenaan Harkness <zen at freedbms.net>:

> Hi cp-ers,

> they are discussing a Code of Conduct.

Seems the Ruby language community are having the same discussion. This
<http://rubinius.com/2016/01/26/the-problem-with-minaswan/> blog post
summarises the authors argument nicely against these contracts.

I quite like the argument that 'disagreeing is not nice'; we have the
threat that list members won't contribute to 'arguments' because
there's the risk they may be seen as harassing or not being 'nice',
when it should be accepted that respectful arguments are 'healthy' in
a community.

On the other hand, I can't see Cypherpunks agreeing to a 'code of
conduct', or adhering to it.

Peter.