USA To Require Govt Issued ID To Use Internet, No More Anonymous

rysiek rysiek at hackerspace.pl
Sun Jan 24 15:30:25 PST 2016

Yo,

Dnia niedziela, 24 stycznia 2016 16:50:56 Steve Kinney pisze:
> On 01/23/2016 10:41 AM, Rayzer wrote:
> > rysiek wrote:
> >> It's cute how some think that power only corrupts and brings
> >> out evil in people if it happens to have a form of a
> >> government agency; and conversely, that no good can ever come
> >> from a government agency.
> >>
> >> Power corrupts whenever people have unchecked power. Wether
> >> or not it is private sector, mafia, government, or civil
> >> society, if it has enough power, it *will* corrupt people.
>
> "It is demonstrable that power structures tend to attract people
> who want power for the sake of power and that a significant
> proportion of such people are imbalanced - in a word, insane."

Absolutely.

> "Absolute power does not corrupt absolutely, absolute power
> attracts the corruptible." - Frank Herbert

Can't those two effects work together and at the same time? I would say
everybody is corruptible, depends on the particular flavour of corruption.
Some are corrupted by money, some by power, some by "I am doing the lord's
work, so I will disregard everybody else", some by sex drugs and alcohol.

And every person in power will get more chances to get their "hit", whatever
that might be, than a person without that power.

> Our Mr. Herbert was deep into ecology - including what the think
> tank boys and PsyOps shops call 'human ecology.'
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Herbert#Ideas_and_themes

> Recommended reading:

Thanks, looks delicious!

--