US State Of New York to Ban Encrypted Screenlocked Phones and Devices

Rayzer Rayzer at riseup.net
Sun Jan 17 10:07:23 PST 2016

rysiek wrote:
> Dnia czwartek, 14 stycznia 2016 17:33:35 boot at ghostmail.com pisze:
>> Last week, former NSA Director Michael Hayden made a very strong
>> argument against deliberately weakening security products by adding
>> backdoors
>>
>> https://www.schneier.com/blog/archives/2016/01/michael_hayden_.html
> As a friend pointed out, the actual quote is *very* interesting:
> https://bgr.com/2016/01/13/ex-nsa-chief-hayden-encryption/
>
> “I actually think end-to-end encryption is good for America,” Hayden said. “I
>  know encryption represents a particular challenge _for_the_FBI_. But on
>  balance, I actually think it creates greater security for the American nation
>  than the alternative: a backdoor.”
>
> Get it? Again:
> "I know encryption represents a particular challenge _for_the_FBI_."
>
> Burn noticed!

I'll say it again. They need the practice. But build stronger code anyway.

A twitter discussion, on the topic w/ side threads:
https://twitter.com/yashalevine/status/688231815463616512

In summation: https://twitter.com/PolityNews/status/688733948374028288

--
RR

"You might want to ask an expert about that - I just fiddled around
with mine until it worked..."