Self Preservation and Irreversible Decline [was: Electronic Freedom Foundation selective in support of freedom]

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Sun Jan 17 04:26:09 PST 2016

On 1/17/16, coderman <coderman at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 1/15/16, Zenaan Harkness <zen at freedbms.net> wrote:
>> I guess that's the ultimate propaganda success really - not being
>> aware that your country is always at war, and pretty much always has
>> been. War is the ultimate rejection and domination of the sovereignty
>> of other nations and individuals.
>
> next question:
>  can you have nation states without war?

That would require a truly benevolent 'dictator' at the top ... Gandhi
when prime minister of India was shot by one of his own security
guards, the Israeli prime minister who got in on a "peace with
Palestinians" platform some years back got shot (by an Israeli),  the
only two US presidents who (attempted to) print greenbacks rather than
borrow from the banks (i.e. reclaim the government's constitutional
money power), got shot, ...

the odds for such leaders don't look so good...

On the other hand, Iceland has jailed at least 26 bankers so far:
http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/iceland-has-jailed-26-bankers-why-wont-we-a6735411.html

so perhaps there's hope... they ousted two full parliaments to get
there though, to full new elections and finally a year(?) long
population-wide new constitution creation which on the face of it
appears to be genuinely by the people themselves, and also clearly
-for- themselves, having rejected any bail-in or bail-out for the
failed commercial private banks that brought that country to its
financial knees.

Seems a genuinely community-based groundswell is needed for genuinely
'good' change, if nothing else...