CREST: CIA Records Search Tool

Michael Best themikebest at gmail.com
Sat Jan 16 20:03:37 PST 2016

I spoke to someone from the list privately and did a little digging - it
looks like the files can't be downloaded or saved electronically, at all,
period. They have to be printed instead, from one of four computers which
are located in College Park, MD (transparency!). So now I'm working on a
plan to print and scan files from CREST. Given the scale (11+ million
pages)...

I plan to be down there on Tuesday; I'll get more information and solid
numbers (document counts, print speeds, etc.) and see where things are from
there. Keep your fingers crossed, I may actually be able to get something.

--Mike