R3 Banking Consortia's Paid Mike Hearn Spews Anti-Bitcoin FUD

Troy Benjegerdes hozer at hozed.org
Sat Jan 16 10:15:28 PST 2016

On Sat, Jan 16, 2016 at 03:13:34AM -0500, grarpamp wrote:
> https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/413pwp/mike_hearns_latest_blog_post_was_a_strategic_move/
> https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/4141ud/video_proof_that_r3_controls_mike_hearn_and/
> http://r3cev.com/
> https://www.reddit.com/r/btc

At first, I agreed with Hearn (bitcoin is a failed experiment).

He lost me when he started trash-talking gmaxwell.

One thing I am sure of: Someone made a lot of money
shorting bitcoin over the last couple days. But that's
just the paranoid ramblings of a farmer who's watched
commodity market manipulation for 20 years.

What he cypherpunk wants to know is what is the attack
surface for gmaxwell's confidential transactions:

https://github.com/ElementsProject/elementsproject.github.io/blob/master/confidential_values.md

Of all the privacy nonsense I've heard come out of the
bitcoin crowd I think this is the first thing I've seen
that I believe might work cause the Banksters (aka the
VC investors in blockstream) are paying for it.