Self Preservation and Irreversible Decline [was: Electronic Freedom Foundation selective in support of freedom]

Rayzer Rayzer at riseup.net
Sun Jan 10 11:59:03 PST 2016

coderman wrote:
> Juan, let me return your incredulity with clarity,
>
> i know i'm old, but that also means i remember a time we were not
> actually at war (except drug war! in hindsight, that counts as war
> well enough...)

U.S "Personnel" waterboarding a Filipino civilian during the
Spanish-American War.

http://41.media.tumblr.com/6c6155a0f4f9f8233b5f035bffda624c/tumblr_inline_nqnvfbeINf1r5tcby_1280.jpg

Another war, btw based solely on fabrication...

> In 1976 ... in the aftermath of the Vietnam War, Admiral Hyman
> Rickover conducted a new investigation. Rickover, something of a
> maverick in the Navy, came to the conclusion that the explosion was
> caused by spontaneous combustion in the ship’s coal bins, a problem
> that afflicted other ships of the period.

http://historymatters.gmu.edu/d/5470/

IOW "Town Gas" blew up the Maine.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coal_gas

In summation, you must be ooooolllllld. Older than dirt. Older than
electricity.

--
RR

"You might want to ask an expert about that - I just fiddled around
with mine until it worked..."