[Cryptography] Obama gonna crypto your guns, they gonna throw the killswitch on yall

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Fri Jan 8 13:46:25 PST 2016

On Fri, Jan 8, 2016 at 4:07 PM, Paul Wouters <paul at cypherpunks.ca> wrote:
> I think it is a bigger problem that people - strike that, Americans -
> are afraid of killswitches for their guns than that they are about the
> surveillance and killswitches for self driving cars.

Of course it's not "people", widely, globally... as they either
gave up or never had that frame of reference to consider
being "afraid of" today, some of whom now live in systems / places
that have since become worse. Poking in such manner at Americans
that do have that frame... doesn't look smart.

Of course they're not going to give them up... because it's
really hard to surveill those trying to take stuff away from
them, and they certainly can't drive dead cars into the
thieves either. Limited options... limited solutions.

Are you going to give up your crypto?
No? Oh, I see, so now you're afraid of that.
Because you know you can use it to keep stuff away from the thieves.

Americans are as dumb as the rest, but not always as
dumb as you think.