ICYMI They Kill Tech Geeks Too...

Troy Benjegerdes hozer at hozed.org
Sun Jan 3 12:57:52 PST 2016

On Sun, Jan 03, 2016 at 01:32:23PM -0300, juan wrote:
> On Sun, 3 Jan 2016 04:43:24 -0500
> Steve Kinney <admin at pilobilus.net> wrote:
>
> > I don't recall saying that the messages in his account are fake,
> > or that a conspiracy of any sort took place.
>

> Ray :   https://archive.is/J9lZV
>
> Me : And after writing all that....he killed himself?
>
> Mirimir : Well, we don't know for sure that he wrote that. Maybe
> someone pwned the account.
>
> Me : That's certainly possible.
>
> You : "Stating the obvious: When he was arrested, it is likely that a
> phone with stored login credentials for his personal accounts was in
> hostile hands for at least a few hours."
>

> 	Sorry Steve but considering the quoted context, what else could
> 	you possibly be saying.  You even added
>
> 	"Nothing posted in his name after the time of his arrest should
> 	be taken at face value."

This is the **cypherpunks** mail list. Isn't the point of of being
a punk to *question* authority, and the cypherpunk to question the
narrative of weak authentication systems?

It seems important not to confuse the man Ian with a device and
cryptographic key that was once known to be in posession of the man,
who is now deceased.

Now if there is some reliable human witness that Ian actually keyed
that text into a device in his physical posession then I think we'd
all like to hear about it.

The only digital witness to the alleged tweets is not a particularly
credible one, in my opinion.