ICYMI They Kill Tech Geeks Too...

Mirimir mirimir at riseup.net
Fri Jan 1 18:58:02 PST 2016

On 01/01/2016 04:58 PM, juan wrote:
> On Fri, 1 Jan 2016 11:15:01 -0800
> Rayzer <Rayzer at riseup.net> wrote:
>
>> How dare they treat him like a Black or homeless person!
>>
>> (RR extracts tongue from cheek, mutters the letters ACAB/FTP)
>>
>> A day after an altercation with the San Francisco Police which left
>> him, according to the police report, with “abrasions”, Ian Murdock,
>> founder of the Debian Linux Project, is dead. Here’s his
>> post-incarceration archived tweetstream: https://archive.is/J9lZV
>>

> 	And after writing all that....he killed himself?

Well, we don't know for sure that he wrote that. Maybe someone pwned the
account.

As far as we know, he's dead. But we don't know how he died. Maybe
they'll do an autopsy. And maybe the results will become public. And
maybe we can trust what they say. Or maybe not.

I think that we do know that the police interacted with him, at least
twice. And that they arrested him at least once. And that he bailed
himself out, and went to hospital to have a minor head wound stitched.

Maybe some TLA pwned his Twitter account, and worked with the police to
have him harassed and murdered. Or maybe he just had a bad night, too
many drugs, bad drugs, or whatever. And had some unfortunate
interactions with the police. And then suicided by cop.

I've been pretty lucky with my bad trips, but who knows what would have
happened if things turned ugly. Automatic weapons can be mucho fun on
acid in the desert. But misunderstandings might have been fatal.

Maybe we'll never know just what happened.