FOIPA adventures

coderman coderman at gmail.com
Sun Jan 31 10:12:57 PST 2016

final FOIA for January:

---

https://www.muckrock.com/foi/united-states-of-america-10/injusticelaundrydept-23703/

To Whom It May Concern:

This is a request under the Freedom of Information Act. I hereby
request the following records:

1.) First page of documents, transcripts, guidelines, reports, and
other responsive materials regarding recommend actions by the
Department of Justice with regard to applications for foreign
intelligence and counterintelligence electronic surveillance, as well
as for other investigative activities by executive branch agencies.
The first page only is requested to limit quantity of responsive
materials, and also to limit scope of review of sensitive material
which may be withheld according to proper specific exemptions.

2.) First page of documents, transcripts, guidelines, reports, and
other responsive materials produced by, within, or in collaboration
with the Intelligence Analysis Unit (IAU), which provides liaison with
the intelligence community and timely intelligence product to the
Attorney General and Deputy Attorney General, supporting their
national security responsibilities. The first page only is requested
to limit quantity of responsive materials, and also to limit scope of
review of sensitive material which may be withheld according to proper
specific exemptions.

3.) The first pages of responsive documents for all years since 1980
are explicitly requested, as these responsive materials will have been
produced by work of the the Office of Intelligence Policy and Review
(OIPR), created by Attorney General Order No. 875-80, 28 C.F.R., Part
O, Subpart F-1, approved by Attorney General Civiletti in 1980.
Please consider the spirit as well as the letter of the Freedom of
Information Act Law while processing this request. Thank you!

The requested documents will be made available to the general public,
and this request is not being made for commercial purposes.

In the event that there are fees, I would be grateful if you would
inform me of the total charges in advance of fulfilling my request. I
would prefer the request filled electronically, by e-mail attachment
if available or CD-ROM, DVD-R, or BD-R if not.

Thank you in advance for your anticipated cooperation in this matter.
I look forward to receiving your response to this request within 20
business days, as the statute requires.

---

:)

best regards,