request for comment re "contributor-covenant.org"

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Wed Jan 27 03:49:45 PST 2016

On 1/27/16, Peter Tonoli <anarchie+cpunks at metaverse.org> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Quoting Zenaan Harkness <zen at freedbms.net>:
>
>> Hi cp-ers,

>> they are discussing a Code of Conduct.
>
> Seems the Ruby language community are having the same discussion. This
> <http://rubinius.com/2016/01/26/the-problem-with-minaswan/> blog post
> summarises the authors argument nicely against these contracts.

Thank you very much for the link - will read now.

> I quite like the argument that 'disagreeing is not nice'; we have the
> threat that list members won't contribute to 'arguments' because
> there's the risk they may be seen as harassing or not being 'nice',
> when it should be accepted that respectful arguments are 'healthy' in
> a community.

Argument healthy? Come now, everybody vilt agree with me now, surely
you must know zis!! Auto-philia is the only sanctioned sexuality on
cpers, and any infraction will incursion a long and penetrating
punishment! Any argument with this new responsibly restraint position
shall be referred to Juan the One, and Rayzer the Precise, with
moderation by Me ze Correct, for rezolution now ok

> On the other hand, I can't see Cypherpunks agreeing to a 'code of
> conduct', or adhering to it.

Come on ... surely you jest?!?

I wuz just about to propose we do like the Postgrs developers, create
a committee designated by the core cpers, with an initial proposed CoC
in line with the pg one, in about 3 months, and a final, to be
published in 3 major national US papers to ensure the public gets the
message. FEMA camp tickets, water boards and Pb shall be provided to
all in pursuit of the greater good, dispose of each as you wilt.