FOIPA adventures

Michael Best themikebest at gmail.com
Mon Jan 18 09:54:36 PST 2016

It's outside the realm of your usual FOIA requests, but since I'm out of
requests for the month (and already bought more than a few extra...) I
figured I'd mention it.

While posting docs related to the MLK assassination trial
<http://that1archive.neocities.org/subfolder1/MLK-assassination-trial.html>,
I realized that Loyd Jowers <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loyd_Jowers>,
who confessed to playing a part in the MLK assassination a few months
before his death, surely has an FBI file. The DOJ did a follow-up
investigation and their report concluded he and the other witnesses were
lying, but it'd be interesting to see what the FBI had on him and what
materials the DOJ/FBI referenced beyond the trial transcript.

Let me know if you file anything on it, otherwise I'll try to get to it
next month (unless I get distracted by other shiny FOIAs/projects/IRL (what
do I mean, this listserv isn't real?!?) stuffs).

--Mike

*coderman* coderman at gmail.com
<coderman%40gmail.com?Subject=Re%3A%20FOIPA%20adventures&In-Reply-To=%3CCAJVRA1SEFzByw4wA9o0u%3D64QHWJmdLmMtbX_debnhBFPOBSxBw%40mail.gmail.com%3E>
*Sun Jan 17 07:47:47 EST 2016*