Chaum Fathers Bastard Child To RubberHose ... PrivaTegrity cMix

J.M. Porup jm at porup.com
Fri Jan 15 17:03:44 PST 2016

On Fri, Jan 15, 2016 at 06:17:42PM -0500, dan at geer.org wrote:
> That being said, I would suspect that any system which permits
> absolutely zero recourse against things done with it that a super
> majority of citizens considers abhorrent is a system that will not
> be long tolerated and thus will not long exist.  What then is a
> useful model of recourse?

A super majority of citizens are, by definition, insane. The purpose of
any decent anonymity system is to give the slender, sane minority a
fighting chance--and by extension, the human race.

https://medium.com/@toholdaquill/the-triumph-of-nonsense-b38b70ab1bfd

> Seriously, I am not arguing for cMix or Mr. Chaum.  I am saying,
> carefully and calmly, that some understandable form of recourse is
> an unavoidable condition for willing public acquiescence.

Why on earth is willing public acquiescence a desirable quality
in an anonymity system? Fuck their recourse.

jmp