Sign the Letter to Secure the Internet

John Young jya at pipeline.com
Wed Jan 13 11:56:35 PST 2016

Indeed, some cpunks advocate both arms and crypto personal offense
and defense, but many more set up crypto initiatives (promotional and
inventive) to distance themselves from those they considered harming
the public image of Encryption (Cryptoo to vulgar",  especially those who
marketed academic, commercial and above all governmental comsec
with the joys and financial rewards of moving among the three cash
bovines wearing cowboy hats and chaps, sporting shaved faces and
skulls, trimmed beards and hair, tatoos and dongles, or ultra-chic hybrids
of all, to match the well-dressed opportunities fronted by gaggles of
natsec-cum-privacy oriented NGOs, press and press-agents eager to
advise, teach and crypto-party to the world's natsec-privacy combo
needy.

Sign on by just repeating technology will figure out how to do the
combo -- by cheating and deception, rigging standards, relishing
NDAs and secretkeeping while faking canaries and openness.