Cicada 3301: 2016

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Sun Jan 10 12:53:45 PST 2016

On Sun, Jan 10, 2016 at 12:56 AM, Rayzer <Rayzer at riseup.net> wrote:
> grarpamp wrote:
>> https://twitter.com/1231507051321/
>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cicada_3301
>> http://uncovering-cicada.wikia.com/
>>
>>> "Please give people some indication as to what these links are about.
>>> Edit this and resubmit and I'll send it thru. Thanks."

>> Due to retarded policy, you apparently need the following handholding...
>> THESE LINKS ARE ABOUT CRYPTO PUZZLES.

> Siriusly... The mod at cryptography metzdowd com didn't know Cicada 3301
> might take the whole dang list down the rabbit hole with it?

First they reject your concise and totally ontopic post,
so you provide exactly what they ask for,
then they call responsive answers to their asking "inappropriate",
and fail to honor their contract to "send it thru"...

"Your message was deemed inappropriate by the moderator."

It's easier for them to reject things like Cicada than for them
to open their minds to the degree necessary to follow them
down the Rabbit Hole... and to censor critiques be they satirical,
thoughtful, or otherwise... that's sad.

Who do you want designing your next cryptosystem?
The Church? Or some random Nigerian scrappers?
The Church might not be all that bad given it's still securely
holding whatever secrets it didn't burn from Antiquity.
Just remember they stole them from the Nigerians.

Rabbit Holes are Scary, and full of Knowledge, and
Wisdom... and Turds. They're certainly not for everyone.

Anyway, I return them to their quarterly circle jerk over
RNG's, die rolling, noise, XOR, and the like, the most
recent of which went over 80 posts.