FOIPA adventures

coderman coderman at gmail.com
Fri Jan 8 18:23:08 PST 2016

usually there is no confirmation regarding active investigations in
FOIA replies.

unlike this one! :)
   [[ see attached. ]]
"In short, this is a very open and very active criminal investigation
and we absolutely cannot release anything, particularly [[
...REDACTED... ]] and we cannot assist [REDACTED] by releasing
anything at this time."
- https://www.muckrock.com/foi/united-states-of-america-10/speedyexemptnotes-21372/#file-71041

the reason original request was speedily rejected is two fold:
1. a prior request for similar information was made by someone in 2014.
2. in 2015, as in 2014, there was an ongoing investigation regarding
the incident.

the incident in question resulted from this FOIA request:
'''
Reports, analysis, advisories, investigative materials and other
responsive documents associated with the attack on PG&E Corporation's
Metcalf Transmission Substation located outside of San Jose,
California on April 16, 2013. Please include guidance issued to other
critical power distribution operators as result of this incident.
Please include processing notes for this request, even if denied in
part. Thank you!
'''
 - https://www.muckrock.com/foi/united-states-of-america-10/parastoowho-21164/

now to find out who that first request was from... :P

best regards,