ICYMI They Kill Tech Geeks Too...

Mirimir mirimir at riseup.net
Fri Jan 1 23:56:03 PST 2016

On 01/01/2016 10:39 PM, Rayzer wrote:
> Shawn K. Quinn wrote:
>> On Fri, 2016-01-01 at 11:15 -0800, Rayzer wrote:
>>> How dare they treat him like a Black or homeless person!
>>>
>>> (RR extracts tongue from cheek, mutters the letters ACAB/FTP)
>>>
>>> A day after an altercation with the San Francisco Police which left him,
>>> according to the police report, with “abrasions”, Ian Murdock, founder
>>> of the Debian Linux Project, is dead. Here’s his post-incarceration
>>> archived tweetstream: https://archive.is/J9lZV
>> Is this the most complete archive that exists? Granted, what's there is
>> pretty damning towards whatever LEA is involved, but it seems like
>> there's more to it before where this one cuts off.
>>

> Source, reply in a thread by @ioerror:
> https://twitter.com/tellmemo/status/682555293822091264

American LEA have been heavily militarized, for sure. And they've
increasingly been trained to escalate confrontations and dominate.

Still, I find it hard to imagine how a middle-aged, upper-middle-class
white guy would have been beaten down like that. Unless he was out of
control, anyway.

But then, I have no recent experience with the San Francisco County
Sheriff's Department or SFPD. Maybe they're tired of fucking with rich
nerds. Maybe, if he were non-white, they would have just shot him.

Whatever happened, it's very sad.