Hacking Team child porn code

Travis Biehn tbiehn at gmail.com
Tue Feb 23 10:11:31 PST 2016

Well,
The strings for debug code can certainly show up, even these files
themselves. Which you can see some samples of under /content (the video
stuff is missing, fueling the conspiracy fire?) There's screenshots,
wallet.dats and fake files. Even a picture of, presumably, one of the
developers:
https://github.com/hackedteam/rcs-common/blob/master/lib/rcs-common/evidence/content/camera/001.jpg

Ref'd:
https://github.com/hackedteam/rcs-common/blob/master/lib/rcs-common/evidence/camera.rb

In fact, if you look at all the modules in /evidence/ they all contain
obvious dummy / test data.
https://github.com/hackedteam/rcs-common/blob/master/lib/rcs-common/evidence/exec.rb
https://github.com/hackedteam/rcs-common/blob/master/lib/rcs-common/evidence/clibpoard.rb

So on.

Are they implanting pictures of themselves on hacked machines? Screenshots
of their own code?

It's obvious to anyone who can take a cursory read of these chunks of code
in context that this is dummy test data.

-Travis

--
Twitter <https://twitter.com/tbiehn> | LinkedIn
<http://www.linkedin.com/in/travisbiehn> | GitHub <http://github.com/tbiehn>