[tor-talk] Using SDR

jim bell jdb10987 at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 5 22:26:37 PST 2016

 From: coderman <coderman at gmail.com>
Sbject: Re: [tor-talk] Using SDR
   On 2/5/16, Sean Lynch <seanl at literati.org> wrote:
> The older, lower-tech version of this trick is to use a high-gain antenna
> like the Cantenna or a Yagi to use a public wifi AP from a stealthy,

Initially, I was confused about this.  To me, a "Cantenna" was Heathkit's name (in about 1970 or so) for a dummy-load built from a1 gallon paint can with a non-inductive resistor inside, immersed in transformer oil, capable of dissipating 1 Kw or so.  Showing my age.Now, on Google-search, I see it as an antenna built with a tin can.        Jim Bell