The Intercept steps up after catching a reporter faking data and sources

Cari Machet carimachet at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 04:33:10 PST 2016

thanks for asking

we had a big argument on the list about it at one point but maybe it was
more about glenn greenwald, jeremy scahill and pierre so the intercept did
not come up for you as the target

my distrust is about numerous things but primary about authoritarian
capitalism and the capitalist nation building of the USA

pierre omidyar gave over 1 million dollars to usaid programs in the ukraine
before the 'revolution'

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/03/01/1281233/-Pando-Pierre-Omidyar-Helped-Fund-Ukraine-Opposition

https://shadowproof.com/2014/02/28/things-are-getting-weird-at-first-look-media/

in case you dont know - usaid is a front group for the cia - they stomp
around the globe and either utilize uprising activists or create them for
their own use ie authoritarian capitalism

if you need to know about that whole history of the cia then i highly
recommend you look into the work of naomi klein - she is an economist based
out of canada - there are tones of videos on the webs of her speaking her
films - she writes books but sort of puts them to film

- if you need me to point you directly to information from her let me know -

but there are a lot of things the cia does and has done thru various front
organizations like NED etc

it is kind of like the whole thing with soros that supports a lot of
activism that may seem great on the surface but there are serious issues
his money supports which creates more problems but this is whole huge other
thing having to do with russia and other things ... caspar bowden also had
criticism of soros which will explain to you the deeper issues regarding
funding

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijr0E6Lw4Nk

i said at the time and numerous times before i would never work for dick
cheney making fly fishing lures which essentially means it is a difficulty
to retain ethics while taking money from the corrupt comparmentalizing out
that you personally didnt drop a bomb on a child is an argument of willful
blindness

of course these are not black and white issues but there are levels

the ideology that the USG engages/enforces is a horror - the powers are
parasitic and plant parasites in the people and if you think that is not an
issue for the living then i would urge you to educate yourself

+++

glenn greenwald wrote a book long ago whereby he claimed support for the
iraqi invasion and afghani invasion after 9/11

stating something strange like he trusts the US authorities to be doing the
right thing or some crap

the profound lie of the connection to 9/11 and iraq didnt seem to be an
issue for him

if this wasnt enough to dissuade anyone from hailing his brain function he
refuses to acknowledge this support of the invasion and apologize for it as
if he never wrote such insanity

+++

jeremy scahill took a selfie with a murdered body in a morgue on a slab in
mogadeshu for his little film dirty wars

this is unconscionable

if someone thinks this is not unconscionable then they dont know enough
about journalism human rights or respect for that matter

he as a journalist for me is highly compromised because of his attachment
to authoritarian capitalism that he engages

​

+++

laura poitras is a capitalist

i have issues as a journalist with her being embedded with the military in
the iraq invasion - which interestingly jeremy scahill was not embedded as
there was a huge ethics breech for journalists that agreed to the embed at
least in my realm of journalism which is as an activist journalist

i think they held onto the snowden files for capitalist reasons moreover
especially at the beginning

from the files she has produced articles out of german press a lot and i am
not sure americans are as aware of them but she retains high levels of
redaction - wanted by the US government - which i find disgusting

she has admitted - on camera - to pressuring snowden numerous times to be
filmed in hong kong and as he was under incredible pressure it cannot be
stressed enough that this crosses a journalistic ethical line

protection of the source was not even a thought it seems - there was i
think an idea that thru laura's connection to assange snowden would have
safe passage... excruciatingly naive...

+++

from many security people i have been told over and over > trust no one but
i think it is really up to individuals to educate themselves regarding
funding issues behind orginazations etc and make decisions for themselves

if you dont know a lot about journalistic manipulation i would urge you to
look into the church committee

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ED63A_hcd0

please look into the subsequent 'blowback' of EO 12333 (known as twelve
triple three) by ronald reagan

--
Cari Machet
NYC 646-436-7795
carimachet at gmail.com
AIM carismachet
Syria +963-099 277 3243
Amman +962 077 636 9407
Berlin +49 152 11779219
Reykjavik +354 894 8650
Twitter: @carimachet <https://twitter.com/carimachet>

7035 690E 5E47 41D4 B0E5 B3D1 AF90 49D6 BE09 2187

Ruh-roh, this is now necessary: This email is intended only for the
addressee(s) and may contain confidential information. If you are not the
intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use of this
information, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this email without
permission is strictly prohibited.