FOIPA adventures

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Sat Feb 27 03:39:34 PST 2016

On 1/10/16, coderman <coderman at gmail.com> wrote:
> ramping up FOIA in the year new, a new favorite!

To me, this is really amazing to watch, coderman. You are conducting/
supporting what seems to me to be quite a public interest/ public
service effort - on behalf of the world really, given America's, ahem,
preeminence :)
<please suppress your howls of laughter - I don't expect FOIs to
actually -change- US behaviour, but at least we see a tiny bit of the
evidence of America's fingering the world...>

I just watched the Benghazi / CIA in Libya movie tonight - yes there's
the usual "thank you America" propaganda, but shit, that's the -best-
they can spin this 'true' story (the American sniper movie and others
have been proclaimed in the credits as "inspired by true events" -
this one was proclaimed as "A true story.")!!!

It's almost a wonder they let this story into the cinemas at all -
provides a foundation for some genuine soul searching, in the CIA, the
US military (who did not send any support whatsoever), their foreign
relations procedures/ protocols, the fact they turned Libya into a
failed state, etc, etc.

Similar in essence to The Big Short (I think that's what it's called)
- hey world, this is America. And shit, this shit needs to stop, but
as we saw in the big short, it continues - the banks are out of
control. I think it was Goldman Sachs, with their CDOs (crap mortgage
bundling and buying and selling) which brought on the GFC, and they
got merely a $5 billion fine!
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/15/business/dealbook/goldman-to-pay-5-billion-to-settle-claims-of-faulty-mortgages.html

Fundamentally, it seems even Americans realize their own nation has to
be reigned in, and perhaps Hollywood is part of their way...

I think it will have to implode from within, financially, before
anything actually changes...

Regards,
Zenaan