Petrodollar further analysis

Troy Benjegerdes hozer at hozed.org
Tue Feb 23 15:32:00 PST 2016

On Sun, Feb 21, 2016 at 03:08:13AM +0000, Zenaan Harkness wrote:
> Another factoid here in this well presented analysis - not only Saddam
> but also Gaddafi attempted to jump off the USD onto the Euro, then to
> a gold-backed local currency (dinar) - well well well, the bully keeps
> demanding others' lunch money.
>
> Now Iran seems to be able to survive the jump, due to Russia's
> backing. And it certainly seems clear to me why Russia is so demonized
> - they are leading the charge, and giving others the courage (like
> Iran and India exchanging oil for Rupees).
>
> With USGovMil reaching a thundering self-caused clusterfuck of dead
> end in Syria, it looks pretty certain now that 'we' will be able to
> realise a multi-polar world rather than a uni-polar USA hegemony,
> going forward. Don't think anyone would disagree that's the lesser of
> those two evils...
>
> Gold currencies here we come.

Either that or pisscoins
https://bitcoinwisdom.com/markets/bittrex/urobtc

The market for that appears to have fallen apart about the time
it sounded like Iran might be legitimately able to ship oil.

Otherwise, if you can't sell oil, you can make Urea from natural
gas and sell it to India with some crypto-snakeoil.

I also find it rather amusing how policies in China seem to have
more control over the price of Bitcoin than policy of the fed has
over the price of the dollar.

it's the grudge match of the century: China vs the Fed

If you are betting on gold someone out there will be happy to
relieve you of your value.