Questions for Matt DeHart case?

coderman coderman at gmail.com
Sun Feb 21 19:19:38 PST 2016

On 2/22/16, Douglas Lucas <dal at riseup.net> wrote:
> What were the grounds for rejection? Is the rejection document publicly
> available? (e.g. on MuckRock/) Thanks!

to be specific, it was a "no responsive records" which is a creative
denial - meaning the FOIA officer intentionally avoided responding to
the intent of the request by focusing on a search technicality
resulting in zero records. (hence my future FOIA's of a laser guided
variety... :)

https://www.muckrock.com/foi/united-states-of-america-10/mattmedbadbed-23468/

"Inventory of supplies, perishable goods, utilities, and medical
instruments used or consumed at the U.S. Immigration and Customs
Enforcement detention center in Calais, Maine from 2010 through 2015,
inclusive. Medical facilities, equipment, and drugs (provided via pill
or IV injection) are of particular interest and specifically requested
among materials to search responsive to this request. Thank you!"

-> https://www.muckrock.com/foi/united-states-of-america-10/mattmedbadbed-23468/#comm-220021
Final Response ... 01/21/2016

best regards,