The Intercept steps up after catching a reporter faking data and sources

Rayzer Rayzer at riseup.net
Sat Feb 20 13:55:28 PST 2016

Cari Machet wrote:
> they had mountains of evidence ... they also had the evidence of his
> tor activity at his hut

dDos doesn't work over tor very well, if at all. The IRC bot method
employed by that hacked LOIC program was closer to being functional and
secure... assuming no logs would be kept (and the software wasn't
designed to leak info about the usr), which, as can be seen by "Ryan"'s
dox dump of logs from one of the anon IRC servers, was not the case.

> one of the many reasons i do not understand why people stand on stages
> and make nice comments about tor unless they are religious about the
> fucking USG and have a parasite it planted or they actually are the USG

The point is to make it's use pervasive and that makes it expensive to
counter, and you BREAK THEM or at least inhibit their ability to go
after anyone but the highest-of-value targets. That's why I support tor
and promote it. Not because it makes one 'invulnerable, but because the
more people who use it, the more impossible it gets for the authorities
to cope. Telling people not to use it actually helps the feds in more
ways than just 'in the clear' comms, and the gubmint's social engineers
who cut tor down for it's insecurities at places like this list know that.

And getting busted if it doesn't work out?
Well you have to break some eggs if you want the omelet.

You CANNOT HAVE a risk-free life AND oppose the murder machine. It's one
(and mind you life is NEVER risk-free, you just get to choose the risks
you want to take) or the other.

Rebellion by any means necessary or go to the corner and sit on your stool.

--
RR
"Through counter-intelligence it should be possible to pinpoint potential trouble-makers ... And neutralize them, neutralize them, neutralize them"