FOIPA Adventures

Ryan Carboni ryacko at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 10:10:52 PST 2016

Since there seems to be a competition to make embarrassing FOIA
requests to the government:

"I request the audio of the last Challenger shuttle mission. The
privacy interests since the New York Times v. NASA suit has
diminished, particularly after it was widely reported that they were
still alive and trapped within the shuttle. There remains a public
interest in knowing exactly when the astronauts died."

"I request records prepared for the 01-27-16 press conference
regarding Malheur Wildwife Refuge.

Greg Bretzing, SAC of the FBI Portland Field Office, made a statement
that the occupiers were outsiders, while wearing a wind breaker. I
infer that the statement was made based on advice from the Behavioral
Analysis Unit. The fact that the BAU assists in Media Strategies has
been publicly acknowledged in books by former FBI agents and on
federal government websites. The law enforcement exemption can only be
applied in limited circumstances with specificity, such as a specific
investigation. There is also a public interest in knowing how the
government is crafting messages for public consumption."

"I request statistics from 2001 to 2015 estimating the number of
individuals who have lost their security clearance because it was
discovered through a polygraph that they are not comfortable with
their work (including, but not limited to, a moral, ethical, or
emotional comfort). I believe that the DNI centrally compiles this or
has authority over this data."

I find it disturbing that Ginsberg's opinion that "vocal inflections"
(screaming) have a privacy interest.