Cryptome?s searing critique of Snowden Inc.

Steve Kinney admin at pilobilus.net
Sun Feb 14 07:29:06 PST 2016

On 02/14/2016 09:20 AM, Georgi Guninski wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 14, 2016 at 08:04:35AM -0500, Steve Kinney wrote:
>> Accoring to Snowden, Greenwald, et al, Snowden has nothing
>> to trade for asylum:  Everyone in a position to know says
>> that he gave the whole works to Greenwald & co., to use as he
>> sees fit. That does not make their assertion true, but as far
>> as I know, no evidence contradicts it.
>>

> DISCLAIMER: I don't follow the Snowden affair.

At one time I did follow it very closely, so I am sure you will
find plenty to disagree with here:

http://www.globalresearch.ca/nsa-deception-operation-questions-surro
und-leaked-prism-documents-authenticity/5338673

> I don't believe your claim.

Neither do I.  Beliefs prejudice perception and judgement.

> Why Merica wants Snowden if he can't hurt them?

Because his example has already been followed by others, and more
will follow.  In politics one calls revenge "deterrence," but by
any name the U.S. government wants revenge in this matter.

> Greenwald, et al appear to be on Merica's soil, so it is O(1)
> the cops to silence them.

Greenwald currently resides in Brazil.  Apparently he likes the
climate there better than in the U.S.

> Merica wants no leaks, not a particular individual.
>
> So Snowden went to Russia empty handed and Russia took him?

Not empty handed, he brought propaganda value with him:  A
no-risk, no-cost chance for Russia to both deprive the U.S. of a
military objective (Snowden's capture) and to play the champion of
justice and fair play on the world stage.  They also obtained an
extended opportunity to determine whether Snowden did have
anything of intelligence value to offer.

> Appears to me Snowden still personally leaks enough from Russia
> to give merica troubles, no?

Snowden personally leaks nothing; never did, most likely never
will.  By the accounts of all involved parties, Snowden handed off
all copies of all them documents to Greenwald.  Greenwald then
sold the rights to them to Omidyar.  The staff at The Intercept
occasionally take out their eyedropper and deliver one or two of
these documents, along with articles explaining what say and what
they mean to the great unwashed publick.

A bit more background in case anyone wants more info...

http://www.boilingfrogspost.com/2013/12/08/checkbook-journalism-leak
ing-to-the-highest-bidders/

:o)