[Fwd: Multiple Internets]

Ted Smith tedks at riseup.net
Tue Feb 9 08:15:55 PST 2016

In an effort to re-seed discussion about cypherpunk topics I'll be
reposting old threads from the cypherpunks list in a rough "this day in
cpunks" effort.

In this mail, John Young analyzes the subclasses of "the internet" as a
user might see.

Optional discussion questions:

      * How has this dichotomy survived the intervening half-decade?
      * Taxonomies sometimes afford conception of novel categories; the
        original periodic table was mostly empty, not-filled with
        elements yet to be discovered. What internets can we conceive of
        that do not presently exist?