Looks like DHS sabotaged a FOIA request on Cryptome

Michael Best themikebest at gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 12:52:34 PST 2016

I filed a FOIA request about Cryptome with DHS a while back:

Any records relating to Cryptome, also known by its web address of
> Cryptome.org, which posts pictures of sensitive sites and potential
> security holes as described at
> www.nytimes.com/2004/08/29/nyregion/mapping-natural-gas-lines-advise-the-public-tip-off-the-terrorists.html
> by the New York Times.

https://www.muckrock.com/foi/united-states-of-america-10/cryptome-dhs-22647/

Sent through MuckRock on December 1, acknowledged on December 2. Also
closed on December 2, according to the DHS FOIA website. No notification or
explanation provided, not through MuckRock or to me directly. I say to me
directly because they also closed another FOIA of mine without explanation,
insisting on opening a new one when I tried to follow up within the 30 days.

http://www.dhs.gov/foia-status FOIA # *2016-HQFO-00099*

Weird, right?