The Intercept steps up after catching a reporter faking data and sources

Cari Machet carimachet at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 07:28:33 PST 2016

more proofs:

here is a link where laura poitras admits she pressured snowden to go on
film

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzZfOOvwAMM

i have other issues with her as i see her as an idealogue which is low
level thought... but this has to do with many convos i had with her on
twitter regarding her blind devotion to assange

she has deleted her account on twitter @x7o so i would only be able to
provide my side of the twitter convo but here you can look at some stuff
here if you want

https://twitter.com/search?q=%40carimachet%20%40x7o&src=typd&lang=en

here is one highly redacted report from laura which i find particularly
problematic because of the jeremy hammond case but overall its just not ok
to align so much with the executive branch

http://www.spiegel.de/international/world/documents-show-nsa-and-gchq-spied-on-partner-turkey-a-989011.html

she stated at ccc that they get a lot of complaints about the slowness of
the information coming to the public regarding the snowden docs and glenn
said they have asked eff to take on some of the task but eff declined so
maybe they are doing better at at least trying to get others to work on it
still there is a reason that wikileaks is open ... i mean that decision
wasnt just out of nothing

++++++++++++++++++++++

i worked at democracy now where jeremy worked as well at the time he was
kind still a correspondent (that was waining) so i didnt work directly in
the office but there are issues regarding democracy now and the union they
have there ... him and numerous others that worked there before me for
years did not confront these issues ... i was part of a group that
confronted the union issues there which partially remain unsolved from my
current info

these are bizarre issues to hit when you are reporting on stories about
walmart having issues with maltreatment of employees and not facing the
issues of the very place reporting it ... so odd ...

i wont elaborate on all of this union stuff but i will say if it isnt clear
why there is a capitalist corruption within this then whatever

i am not saying unions are so perfect but the issues there are just too
much of a crossed line

people point fingers at the corrupt government then are corrupt in their
own lives?

++++++++++

here is glenns iraq invasion support admitting not admitting post

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/01/30/1182442/-Glenn-Greenwald-Responds-to-Widespread-Lies-About-Him-on-Cato-Iraq-War-and-more

preface issue:

"During the lead-up to the invasion, I was concerned that the hell-bent
focus on invading Iraq was being driven by agendas and strategic objectives
that had nothing to do with terrorism or the 9/11 attacks. The overt
rationale for the invasion was exceedingly weak, particularly given that it
would lead to an open-ended, incalculably costly, and intensely risky
preemptive war. Around the same time, it was revealed that an invasion of
Iraq and the removal of Saddam Hussein had been high on the agenda of
various senior administration officials long before September 11. Despite
these doubts, concerns, and grounds for ambivalence, I had not abandoned my
trust in the Bush administration. Between the president's performance in
the wake of the 9/11 attacks, the swift removal of the Taliban in
Afghanistan, and the fact that I wanted the president to succeed, because
my loyalty is to my country and he was the leader of my country, I still
gave the administration the benefit of the doubt. I believed then that the
president was entitled to have his national security judgment deferred to,
and to the extent that I was able to develop a definitive view, I accepted
his judgment that American security really would be enhanced by the
invasion of this sovereign country.

It is not desirable or fulfilling to realize that one does not trust one's
own government and must disbelieve its statements, and I tried, along with
scores of others, to avoid making that choice until the facts no longer
permitted such logic.

Soon after our invasion of Iraq, when it became apparent that, contrary to
Bush administration claims, there were no weapons of mass destruction, I
began concluding, reluctantly, that the administration had veered far off
course from defending the country against the threats of Muslim extremism.
It appeared that in the great national unity the September 11 attacks had
engendered, the administration had seen not a historically unique
opportunity to renew a sense of national identity and cohesion, but instead
a potent political weapon with which to impose upon our citizens a whole
series of policies and programs that had nothing to do with terrorism, but
that could be rationalized through an appeal to the nation's fear of
further terrorist attacks."

he also discusses afghanistan in the preface... take a look at it for that
info heres a link

https://www.bookbrowse.com/excerpts/index.cfm?fuseaction=printable&book_number=1812

let me know if you have questions

--