The Intercept steps up after catching a reporter faking data and sources

Sean Lynch seanl at literati.org
Wed Feb 3 13:10:49 PST 2016

On Wed, Feb 3, 2016 at 8:05 AM Cari Machet <carimachet at gmail.com> wrote:

> the intercept will never fucking "step up" and fuck you for writing such
> propaganda

Cari, I've dug through my mail archives to try to figure out what it is you
have against The Intercept, and while I can't claim to have closely read
every hit for your name and "intercept," I have been unable to find any
reason you've given for your hatred. I did see a mention of a friend in
prison, which seems like it may be somehow related?

I'm genuinely curious, because I don't have direct experience with anyone
involved beyond their public reputations in relatively mainstream sources,
so if there is a reason I should not be trusting them or Glenn Greenwald,
it would be very helpful to know that. Of course, since I don't have any
more reason to trust you than to trust Glenn, I'd appreciate anything you
can provide that I can verify without too much effort.