NYSE... Got Root?

Georgi Guninski guninski at guninski.com
Mon Feb 1 02:43:50 PST 2016

On Thu, Jan 28, 2016 at 01:36:07AM -0500, grarpamp wrote:
> http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-01-26/high-speed-firms-now-oversee-almost-all-stocks-at-nyse-floor
> Now, humans on the NYSE floor have more of a supervisory role, making
> sure the automated systems don't go haywire. Barclays has been around

This reminds me of a story at theregister.

On a large exchange, a trading bot behaved weirdly.
It buys at highest possible and sells at lowest possible.
As expected, the trading bot owner lost _a lot_ of money
in very short time.
IIRC the bot's transactions were rolled back per some rule
and the situation was explained with "beta testing gone wild".