"network shock-testing"-resistant data serving

Zenaan Harkness zen@freedbms.net
Sat Feb 20 19:30:20 PST 2016

Answers anyone?

I know wikileaks has a bad name with some, but let's set that aside,
since I think it is an easy concept for lay people to understand, and
to discuss this particular network challenge.

Hypothetical:
- I have a large a juicy data set leak, a particularly gruesome and
indicting of the establishment, mil video.
- I can upload it piecemeal and from varied and "random" locations,
pre-scouted to be sure there are no surveillance cameras to monitor my
piecemeal uploads.
- But ultimately the result exists on some server, to serve up this
juicy media frenzy fueling firetruck for the govt.
- So downloaders can be "network shock tested" by interrupting the
stream (with say a forged onion site), and voila - the end user for
that particular stream is identified.
- Similarly, downloading from the original/ non-forged onion site, say
100 'simultaneous' downloads, and I (network global viewer) can
simultaneously stop all downloads and watch which physical host has a
drop in outgoing load.

So these are two problems - network shock-testing the end-user
downloader, and network shock-testing the server uploader (no point
having a juicy leak vid if you don't upload it to people for viewing).

The only potential/ partial solutions I've heard so far:
- pervasive fill traffic
- hybrid/ alternate physical network

Anyone got any other ideas and/ or elaboration on these potential
partial solutions?