Google has been testing wifi connection speed

Ryan Carboni ryacko@gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 00:01:46 PST 2016

https://fi.google.com/about/network/

There are lots of Wi-Fi hotspots out there but not all of them are
> high-quality. Project Fi automatically connects you to more than a million
> free, open Wi-Fi hotspots we've verified as fast and reliable. This
> technology helps keep your speed high and your data bill low—whenever
> you're on Wi-Fi, you're not charged for data usage.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-google-wifi-fine-idUSBRE92B0VX20130312

Google Inc will pay $7 million to 38 states and the District of Columbia to
> settle an investigation into a controversial incident in which its Street
> View mapping cars collected passwords and other personal data from home
> wireless networks between 2008 and 2010.

Since EFF has recently condemned T-mobile, I thought it would be time to
condemn Google. This provides greater context to Google's efforts to
collect data on wifi networks. Such a program would allow to create a
database of ip addresses each wifi network uses, and allows  for a greater
degree of mass surveillance.