Bitcoin In 2017: Fixin Ta Blow Up

John Newman jnn at synfin.org
Thu Dec 29 01:32:58 PST 2016

> On Dec 29, 2016, at 4:18 AM, Georgi Guninski <guninski at guninski.com> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Dec 28, 2016 at 06:00:13PM -0500, grarpamp wrote:
>> # Banking On Bitcoin - Gravitas Ventures
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmxqlSevtkQ
> ...snip...
>
> Are there stats about bitcoin fraud vs traditional financial fraud?
> Decentralization complicates things.
> Especially about fraud done by malware.

I don't have stats but i know that fucking worm PhotoMiner (a monero miner propagated through FTP amongst other methods) is endemic... There are a lot of dumb shits mining monero without knowing it.

I still see it banging on the door of FTP server trying to upload itself (and failing and getting blocked) from at least a few hosts every day.