"right" vs permission, to immigrate - "Japan: No Muslims, no terrorists"

John Newman jnn at synfin.org
Fri Dec 23 20:44:27 PST 2016

> On Dec 23, 2016, at 4:17 PM, jim bell <jdb10987 at yahoo.com> wrote:
>

> From: juan <juan.g71 at gmail.com>
>
> On Tue, 20 Dec 2016 21:21:27 +0000 (UTC)
> jim bell <jdb10987 at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> >> This essay by Christopher Cantwell pretty much destroys the
> >> "libertarians must be in favor of open borders" idea.
> >> https://christophercantwell.com/2015/09/28/open-borders-or-market-immigration/
>

> >    So, to wrap this 'issue' up :
>
> Which is apparently what you say when you're planning to misrepresent things.
>
> >    In his article, cantwell correctly describes and acknowledges
> >    the libertarian position and then DISMISSES it and REJECTS it as
>  >   'not practical'.
>
> And you misrepresent it by referring to it as "THE libertarian position".  (emphasis mine).
> It's quite the opposite, so I wonder if you really read Cantwell's essay, or whether you are simply deliberately misrepresenting things.
> The truth is that Cantwell makes clear his opinion is that some people are MIS-representing the 'open-borders' position as being the ONLY "libertarian" position.
>
> As Cantwell states:
>
> " But open borders in the presence of a command economy and welfare state is decidedly anti-market, anti-freedom, and anti-peace."
>
> >    "But the (good) libertarian will tend to put principle first,
>  >   no doubt"
>
> >    Or perhaps that was meant in a mocking tone, which would be
>  >   further proof that cantwell is his own parody.
>
> I see nothing wrong with presenting this 'pro-open-borders' position in a mocking fashion.

The suffering of others is certainly amusing to some people, of a certain ilk. The elimination of artificial economic zones and their endemic poverty, all enforced at the barrel of a gun, makes for great "mocking" material ;)

The so called libertarian party in America is a true fucking joke. Gary Johnson is an affable buffoon. I wouldn't mind smoking a bowl with him, I guess. But otherwise he and his compatriots and those who vote for them are a total and complete waste of space.