Value of bitcoins in circulation hits record high of $14bn

John Newman jnn at synfin.org
Thu Dec 22 22:03:43 PST 2016

On December 22, 2016 9:21:51 PM EST, grarpamp <grarpamp at gmail.com> wrote:
>On Thu, Dec 22, 2016 at 4:31 PM, John Newman <jnn at synfin.org> wrote:
>> Too bad I spent the fuckers.
>
>Not really, spending legitimizes. Investing, even profit taking,
>is different. Either way, the long term performance and

True, and actually most times I've bought coins or portions of coins I've spent most of my balance in a very short time period after wards.

I'm not a "BTC speculator" and was jokingly bemoaning the fact that these sorts of people are potentially making a lot of money..... Unless they never sell off to see a profit and there is a problem (eg something like the mt gox fiasco affects them, or BTC value plummets for some reason..)

>prospectus for BTC does appear to be nothing but up,
>if for no other reason than hodling investors, kind of stupid
>but true. The real questions are still...
>- blockchain size and txrate
>- any need to replace it with a more inherently anonymous currency

Considering the moderate hassle involved with tumbling coins for total anonymity, maybe one of the other blockchain currencies is better in this regard. I don't know enough about the alternatives to say.