Value of bitcoins in circulation hits record high of $14bn

John Newman jnn at synfin.org
Thu Dec 22 22:52:14 PST 2016

On December 22, 2016 9:21:51 PM EST, grarpamp <grarpamp at gmail.com> wrote:
>On Thu, Dec 22, 2016 at 4:31 PM, John Newman <jnn at synfin.org> wrote:
>> Too bad I spent the fuckers.
>
>Not really, spending legitimizes. Investing, even profit taking,

Right - the times I've invested in coins I always had reason beyond mere speculating and spent my balance quickly. I wish I'd had enough courage (and cash) to put some real money in BTC a long time ago and let it sit for a while...

>is different. Either way, the long term performance and
>prospectus for BTC does appear to be nothing but up,
>if for no other reason than hodling investors, kind of stupid
>but true. The real questions are still...
>- blockchain size and txrate
>- any need to replace it with a more inherently anonymous currency

There is some minor hassle in securely tumbling​ coins to really anonymize BTC as much as possible. I know there are a number of other competing blockchain currencies these days ; I don't know if this aspect is or can be handled "better" than is done in BTC. I literally don't know, having never done more than read the most cursory of info about any of the others ;)