The Power of Privacy

Cecilia Tanaka cecilia.tanaka at gmail.com
Tue Dec 20 17:00:25 PST 2016

On Dec 18, 2016 5:28 PM, "grarpamp" <grarpamp at gmail.com> wrote:

> More on point, point of thread is to list whatever videos covering
surveillance, datamining, privacy concepts that would be *an epiphany and
impactful as fuck* to the common masses if the links were sent to them or
posted on their forums or shared in the next presentation in their church
or library or school club or wherever.

> Cpunks know these things, and even try to act to change them. But it
takes re-education and then pressure by masses to actually shift things
long term.

=====

I loved the idea, grarpamp.  I will help searching for more videos and
materials to inform and to 'shock' a bit users of common technology
services later.

For now, I suggest to watch "The Joy of Data”, a recent BBC 4 documentary
available on youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xgp7BIBtPhk <
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xgp7BIBtPhk>

(via Luciano Floridi)

PS pretty OT:  -  Grazie mille, Luciano!  One of my hamsters' name is
Turing, yay!  :D

(But he and his brother, Tesla, are living with a friend now, because I
adopted an almost dying stray cat named Mirimir today earlier.  He's pretty
sick, but still thinks hamsters are a good snack, meh!  :P)