oil supply sigint

John Newman jnn at synfin.org
Thu Dec 15 05:19:15 PST 2016

On Thu, Dec 15, 2016 at 06:07:32AM -0700, Mirimir wrote:
> On 12/15/2016 05:38 AM, John Newman wrote:

> >> See
> >> http://www.lowtechmagazine.com/2016/04/slow-electricity-the-return-of-low-voltage-dc-power.html
> >

> > Cool!
>
> Technohippies ;)
>
> > I feel like Tesla vs Edison keeps coming up in our current culture,
> > over and over... I really dig the Nolan movie "The Prestige", btw.
> > Bowie made a great Tesla :)  I haven't read the book it was based
> > on, although it's supposed to be good, I have a feeling it may be
> > one of those cases where the film outdoes the novel... of coures,
> > thats just a feeling, since I haven't read it :P
>
> So I've started rereading _Thirteen_. Brutal opening.

Systematically unfreezing, eating, and refreezing the poor fuckers
that got boarded on the same ship as you, after somebody tweaked
it so only YOU wake up early... although, frankly, the 13 villian
(i forget his name) is practically a macguffin. I just really dug
the atmosphere, the character Carl, the female cop he works with,
the (brutal) action..

Altered Carbon and 13 are my two favorite Morgan books, I'm not
sure which I like better. Probably 13...  it feels a little closer
to home. And the ending was great.

--
John