oil supply sigint

jim bell jdb10987 at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 15 01:12:25 PST 2016

 From: John Newman <jnn at synfin.org>

>When you can build a new home with solar panels all over it and tesla battery> arrays in the basement to keep you going at night, it's just possible to get to> the point where you receive a check from the utility company every month, rather than a bill ....
>I think, and hope, this is the future of power in homes.
>John
Why should a house-installed solar installation use batteries at all?  Batteries are big, heavy, inefficient, have a limited lifetime, and are made of expensive and potentially toxic materials, which can sometimes explode with little or no warning.
I think of the AC power-grid as an infinite-capacity, indefinite lifetime, virtually 100% efficient, "battery".
            Jim Bell