Debian/Ubuntu security apt phun

Shawn K. Quinn skquinn at rushpost.com
Wed Dec 14 15:07:48 PST 2016

On 12/14/2016 04:11 PM, Karl wrote:

> On December 14, 2016 1:04:00 PM EST, "Shawn K. Quinn"
> <skquinn at rushpost.com> wrote:
>     Yes, if you are that worried, manually verify the .deb and install it
>     with dpkg.
>
> Thanks for sharing this.
>
> As a Qubes user, I've been installing Debian updates over Tor regularly.
> I guess I should reinstall my whole operating system at this point.

If you really think you've been "owned" then better safe than sorry. As
for me, right now I'm just waiting for the new version of apt to come
down the pipe before doing any other significant software
updates/installs, until it's shown this has actually been exploited.

http://www.rantroulette.com
http://www.skqrecordquest.com