more cuck for Barack - Judge Jeanine dishes out another serve

John Newman jnn at synfin.org
Tue Dec 13 15:47:49 PST 2016

> On Dec 13, 2016, at 6:21 PM, juan <juan.g71 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Tue, 13 Dec 2016 17:06:59 -0500
> John Newman <jnn at synfin.org> wrote:
>

>>> On Dec 13, 2016, at 2:49 PM, juan wrote:
>>>   Oh yes. Moderation is not literally "outright censorship". It is
>>>   "outright censorship" with a different name. No doubt the
>>>   change of name makes it wholly different.
>>
>> A thought experiment:  you have a group chat, irc or XMPP or
>> whatever. There are a few dozen people or so in the group (doesn't
>> really matter the number), it's a technical discussion about
>> programming... <whatever> - some collaborative open source project.
>>
>> By your standards, is it censorship to kick ban a troll(s)
>

>    Yes it is. By the way, it's quite clear that the term troll can
>    be used to mean anything. Just look at arch-trolls like rayzer
>    or quinn whining about trolls.
>
>    And at the 'technical' level
>
>    1) Last time I checked IRC had an /ignore nick command.
>
>    2) I would have thought people in this list would be searching
>    for decentralized, censorship-resistent systems, not the
>    opposite in which an 'admin' has somehow gotten divine powers
>    and rights.

I don't support censorship, all your claims to the contrary ;) At the same time, I don't support people telling me how I can configure my own software on my own hardware whose network traffic I pay for.

For instance, I don't consider locking my mail server down so it's not an open relay to be censorship (some people do - see toad.com). Trying to enforce software configurations I'm not interested in, on my shit, under any pretense, is fascism.