Let's play Whack-A-Troll

me03w at riseup.net me03w at riseup.net
Mon Dec 12 09:18:34 PST 2016

This group is supposedly Anarchist-leaning. Is there a better place to
see how a group can police itself than this historical mailing list?
Please forgive the use of the word "police" :).

It seems obvious to me, and confirmed by other discussion on this list,
that ZH is a troll.
a) He is off-topic.
b) He doesn't make coherent, logical arguments.
c) He makes noise to imply that he enjoys your pain.
d) He has confessed that he is really a 10 year old boy who hasn't found
out how to masturbate to relieve his tension.

Why not do what the wise people say and "don't feed the trolls" (this
means DO NOT REPLY)? Do not reply even if he sends nazi propaganda. Do
not reply if he tortures cats. Do not reply even if he misspells your
name. Do not reply with logical arguments. Do not reply with kindness.
Do not reply! It's called shunning. In personal life this can have
devastating effect. I have doubts about the effectiveness here.

"Whack-a-troll"? If collective action here was effective, he would come
back with another user name, and you would have to figure him out again.
And of course, there are the other trolls already on the list.

pussy cat signature here