investigation tips? (request for tips for lay investigators, whether for Sandy Hook, Pizzagate, etc)

Steve Kinney admin at pilobilus.net
Thu Dec 8 11:04:23 PST 2016

On 12/08/2016 05:26 AM, Zenaan Harkness wrote:
> Looking at some YouTubes, it's evident to some of us that there's
> some pretty serious lay investigations going on right now, causing
> a bit of flip out here and there by the MSM.
>
> For example, first InfoWars gets a substantial "point in time"
> summary out, which (just like the David Duke interview) promptly
> gets taken offline - try these links, but if these are also taken
> down (like previous uploads), keep searching:
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sh2qZBFJsqA (z2Ie6AG4VGE was the
> first one, now deleted)
>
> Analysis of the situation as at December 6th, 2016, e.g. Joe Biggs
> quits AlexJones, 'yesterday' (Dec 5th), tweets about it ("I'll be
> freelancing") then deletes his tweet:
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLBW2T1qroc

If you want your findings to be dismissed and ignored by everyone
except True Believers who have no need or use for accurate
information, send them to infowars.com.  That's one of the reasons
that shop exists, and the principal reason it gets free promotional
placements in "mainstream media" on a regular basis.  With friends
like Alex, you don't need enemy propagandists to "stain" your work
product with the taint of ignorant irrational bullshit.

> Question: if you hit the motherload, what do you do? How do you get
> the information out there? Via Wikileaks or something?
>
> Just read up on Wikileaks, and how they suggest to safely leak
> docs?

That's a good first step for beginners.  But by definition anyone who
has "hit the motherload" won't stop there; the skill set required to
dig up high value suppressed information does not appear from nowhere,
and applies directly to solving the riddle of how to get that
information distributed.

> What about in the face of the present uncertainty about the
> continued existence of the life of the man Julian Assange?

The longer the rumor that Mendax is dead remains a rumor, the less
likely that it is true.  What evidence backs it?  I think it is more
likely that he is promoting the rumor himself, than that it has any
substance.

> This is from the point of view of the lay investigator who might
> otherwise get themselves into hot water quickly, and fail to get
> their info out. Whom do you trust (in real life), may be a good
> starting question for those who have not leaked before?

Who do you trust?  Ideally, nobody.  Security axiom, applicable across
all disciplines:  "A trusted party is one who can break your security
model at will."

Depending the size of your package, it may be practical to e-mail it
to a few dozen likely addresses.  If you want to be "anonymous" about
it, use TAILS on a second hand laptop bought with cash at a flea
market to create a webmail account while connected to an open WiFi
network with no nearby camera coverage.  All done?  Destroy the laptop.

Or use postal mail to send CDRs or USB sticks.

Or whatever.  Anyone clever enough to "get the goods" is clever enough
to figure out a way to deliver them to an audience.

:o)