FBI to gain expanded hacking powers as Senate effort to block fails

Cecilia Tanaka cecilia.tanaka at gmail.com
Sun Dec 4 15:56:45 PST 2016

On Dec 4, 2016 8:38 PM, "Mirimir" <mirimir at riseup.net> wrote:

> On 12/04/2016 04:19 PM, Steve Kinney wrote:
> >
> > I don't think the FBI will gain expanded powers of surveillance;
rather, they will gain the ability to use information they already
routinely gather by illegal means openly, in Court filings.  Where
previously they had to work around the law by using illegal methods to
locate information that is admissible in Court ("parallel construction"),
they will be able to take a much more direct approach.

> > :o/
>
> Yes, that's reality. FBI leeches data and skills from NSA. And NSA does
whatever it wants to. US is always at war. And there are no laws in war.

Yep, unhappily both are correct and the reality is very very sad, worse
than my nightmares and fears.  :(

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War
IV will be fought with sticks and stones."  -  Albert Einstein

This comic strip always makes me feel sad:  <
http://www.gocomics.com/calvinandhobbes/2011/02/21>