USA Universities learn the consequences of disrespecting free speech

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Sun Dec 4 01:56:33 PST 2016

On Sat, Dec 03, 2016 at 09:38:32PM -0800, Razer wrote:

> On 12/03/2016 09:25 PM, Shawn K. Quinn wrote:
> > On 12/03/2016 10:53 PM, Zenaan Harkness wrote:
>

> > And if Kellogg is suddenly so finicky, we must ask: Why, then, does
> > Kellogg deign to sell its products, according to its website, in 180
> > countries, including China?
>
> What's wrong with selling products in China, Comrade?
>
> I mean you DO believe in Free markets and all don't you Fellow traveler?
>

> More proof of my basic premise that Libertarianism is just a fancy way
> of saying "I'm a Hypocrite"
>
> Rr

Ack Razer, and hypocrisy is one thing Breitbart is calling out here.

> >> We must pause to puzzle over this statement: What specific Kellogg
> >> “values” did Breitbart supposedly violate?
> > Apparently customers of Kellogg had complained after seeing ads on
> > Breitbart. The stories I'm seeing are light on details.

Classic Lefty tactics.

"Trigger a Lefty today - present them with a fact" :)

> > They should be calling for boycotts on Allstate, Warby Parker, and BMW
> > too:
> > http://adage.com/article/digital/breitbart-urges-boycott-kellogg-brand-abandons-site-1/306971/
> >
> > And those four brands are the start of an undoubtedly long list,
> > combined with many other companies, some of which have yet to be
> > actually launched, who have removed advertising on Breitbart from
> > consideration but

> > said nothing about it.

You say that as though it's the same situation - did you get too many
extra doses of fluoride as a tot? - Those last 4 words make all the
difference. That's the point Shawne, Kelloggs decided to get political
by making a big public statement of "pulling ads from Breitbart" whilst
providing precisely ZERO facts in support of their position.

And of course you say that's not a political action, and is the same as
these other supposed companys who did not make such public statements.

I get it, 1 + 2 = 7

> >> And if Kellogg is suddenly so finicky, we must ask: Why, then, does
> >> Kellogg deign to sell its products, according to its website, in 180
> >> countries, including China?
> > Profit. The same reason Coca-Cola, McDonald's, Procter & Gamble, and...
> > well all the companies listed here:
> >
> > http://jiesworld.com/international_corporations_in_china.htm
> >
> > sell in China. I guess you're going to boycott all of them too?

And your position is that Breitbart (spectacularly :) launched their
counter-boycott against Kellogs, was all about Kellogs selling into
China...

Yep, 3 - 1 = 11, got it Mista Quin.

Really Shawn, unless you have a desired outcome, an actual intention
(one grounded in those pesky little things called facts) when speaking
/ typing, then such inanity is likely to continue to issue forth from
your keyboard.

> >> And also, while we’re at it, why is Kellogg’s operating in such
> >> oppressive, murderous, and even genocidal countries as Saudi Arabia,
> >> Syria, and the United Arab Emirates? How do those cynical actions
> >> square with Kellogg’s values, and the values of its customers—and
> >> former customers?

> > You'd have to ask them to be sure,

You say this almost as though you're chatting with me - but these words
you're "responding" to are written by Breitbart - this is what's called
a quotation, around which I put quotation marks (namely the '"'
character), to distinguish that quotation as being distinct from my own
commentary.

> > but I'm pretty sure it's about
> > maximizing profits and market share.

Again completely ignoring, or sadly just plain missing with a massive
whooosh, the point being made here (again, by Breitbart.com news).

> > Abandoning the market just ensures
> > someone else will step in and take those same profits, and that will not
> > keep the shareholders happy.
> >
> > Note that I'm not saying it's right that this is the way things are.
> > Public companies have to do what is in the best interests of the
> > shareholders, or they can get sued. Among other tragedies, this is why
> > there's a huge grassy field where Six Flags Astroworld used to be.

Speaking across the issue, draining the conversation into only
marginally related inanity? Classic obfuscatory propaganda.

--
    Certified  Deplorable  Fake  News  Nazi (TM)(C)(R)
     Executive Director of Vice, Ministry of Winning