Assange still alive and kickin'...

Steve Kinney admin at pilobilus.net
Sat Dec 24 12:30:25 PST 2016

On 12/24/2016 02:33 PM, Cecilia Tanaka wrote:
> Yep, my dear, I said he was alive weeks ago.  Zzz was not informed
> about it, but you know, this "Hashist" guy is _not_ a real
> activist, is a pretty slow person and doesn't know to fake patterns
> well too, hahaha!!  ;)

IMO there are way too many questionable assertions built into the
article, and it has some of the earmarks of a heavily re-edited and/or
manipulative text.  Example:

"Assange described his feelings about the US election results in an
interview..."

An interview with whom, where, and when?  The Byline is Ben Jacobs "in
Washington," and since he does not say who interviewed Assange, I will
presume it was not him - so the quotes from Assange have no provenance.

One prefers journalists who hide in a spotlight that makes reprisals
too costsly for hostile political operatives, to those who hide in
dark shadows - an environment already well frequented by
propagandists, spooks and other, even less trustworthy actors.

I also see the article uncritically parroting very dubious propaganda
talking points about the published DNC e-mail: "The releases were
highly damaging to Clinton, and US intelligence officials now believe
they were hacked by Russia and passed to WikiLeaks to boost Trump’s
bid for the White House."  Said what accountable person, when, where
and to whom?

The sole source for the Russia Did It canard is an October press
release from DHS that says the release is "consistent with the methods
and motivations of Russian-directed efforts."  This is attributed to
the USIC, an acronym for United States Intelligence Community.  No
such agency exists, so it is not possible for it to have an official
spokesperson, except maybe the President - their ultimate boss, at
least on paper.

That said, the Assange quotes in the article sound exactly like Mendax
to me.  Is he alive or is he dead?  Maybe the "embassy cat" some
sources mention was a gift from Erwin Schrodinger.  As a long time
fan, I think Assange's present position is a Super position.

Srsly:  The best thing that ever happened to Julian Assange, in terms
of his productive public service output, was forcing him to sit on
stay in one place and stay busy enough to keep from going (even more)
nuts.

Powder don't go BOOM until is confined, but never mind that metaphor:
 Assange has already built a terrajoule railgun in his spare time, and
orbital mind control lasers won't be far behind.

:o)